Barrel aging adds toasted oak and vanilla notes to a cocktail whilst mellowing the alcohol. The ideal aging is 4-6 weeks depending on your barrel size – the smaller the barrel, the more surface area and faster the process takes place.
– 4.2L Makers Mark Bourbon Whiskey
– 105mL Angostura Bitters
– 500mL Maple Syrup (diluted)
1. Add all the ingredients to a 5 litre barrel
2. Age for approximately 4-6 weeks before bottling – taste test during this period regularly
3. To serve, stir with ice before straining over fresh ice into your favouite old fashioned glass
4. Garnish with a twist of orange